1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bar under Home button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vsLudwig, Jun 25, 2020.

1. vsLudwig

vsLudwig Lurker

This just started today and it's annoying: I have a vertical bar under the home button. when I swipe it the app menu shows up. How can I turn this feature off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Long press on the bar and drag to the X or choose trash

3. vsLudwig

vsLudwig Lurker

THX for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work, It seems that the bar is part of the HOME button.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Install a different launcher from the play store such as Nova launcher that has many more options and will also eliminate the bar issue

marctronixx likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What do you mean by "app menu"? Do you mean the "app drawer" (scrolling list or pages of app icons for all installed apps), or a shortcut to settings? And have you had any system updates recently?

I ask because swiping up from the bottom of the screen to access the app drawer has been an option for Android navigation for a couple of years now, so it's possible it's something you've activated accidentally or where the default has been changed by an update. I've never heard of a vertical line, but that may be a Samsung thing. So I'd check your launcher's settings (anything "gesture" or "navigation" related), and also look at the system settings for gestures (these are under "Settings > System" on more stock devices, but Samsung change the Settings layout so I can't be fore where they'll be on your phone).

Madasa and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews