• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode Scanner that scans pictures?

garie

Lurker
Oct 8, 2010
Does anyone know of a barcode scanner app that will allow you to scan a picture of a barcode that is in your phone or SD card's memory, or allows you to scan a barcode in a browser? I feel like this is functionality that ought to exist, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm looking for an application that can read a barcode from the phone's screen rather than from the camera. That's why I posted in applications. Ideally I wouldn't have to download the image from one site in order to upload it to another site, I could just fire up the barcode scanner and my browser at the same time.

Upvote 0
I was browsing a blog on my phone about android apps and a guy had posted barcodes for apps and didn't include links. I know it's a dumb thing to do, but I would like to be able to scan them if it happens.

So, yeah, trying to read QR codes, but might as well include product barcodes as well.

I feel like it wouldn't be that hard to do... just put the phone's screen as input rather than the camera. It should be easier to scan also since (unless it's a photo of a barcode) it will be straight and perfectly focused.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones