1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Barcode scanner to Android market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dinaro, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dinaro

dinaro Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Toronto
    Hey guys, I recently flashed the stock froyo RUU and got everything working flawless except for 1 minor annoyance.

When I was running 2.1 I used the barcode scanning app to install apps from app brain. It would automatically bring up Android market to install the app if I clicked on "Open Browser" now it literally opens up the web browser which is useless for me. Any suggestions / help?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. bunnisher

bunnisher Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    York, England
    Strange. This happened to me just yesterday and I'm not rooted.

I rarely use the QC codes as I'm browsing more on my phone these days instead of the laptop. But I tried using it yesterday and it just opened appbrain instead. I just thought it was a one off and did it the old fashioned way.

Wonder if something was tinkered with in an update for barcode scanner.

3. DesireMe

DesireMe Android Expert

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    Have just tried a QR Code with ShopSavvy and it took me direct to the market place.

4. dinaro

dinaro Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Toronto
    yeah it's weird, I might have to try another QR scanner. It was really convenient for me before but kinda useless now if it doesn't launch market place.

5. I've always been on 2.2 (well, I updated as soon as I got my phone), and in the 10-20 times I've used Barcode Scanner on QR codes, it's taken me to either my actual browser, or the Market. I'm pretty sure it depends on the QR code. Whenever I go to the browser, I just download onto my phone from there and then install (works as well as from the Market, if not better, actually).

6. dinaro

dinaro Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Toronto
    Yeah just tried ShopSavvy as well and still brings up the web browser. This is really odd. I found it really useful that it brought up the market but now that functionality is gone :( booooo

Tags: