• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode Scanner to PC

Reactions: altierior
Upvote 0
Thanks prettypistol, this sounds like just what I needed. Can someone tell me how to install the PC_BCR android app to my phone?

Hi. Thanks to prettypistol.

To install on your phone

1 Download Astro from the market (I can't post links yet)
2 Connect you phone to pc and mount as disk drive.
3 Copy PC_BCR_1.3.apk to your sd card
4 Disconect your phone from pc
5 Run Astro and tap 'File Manager' go to sdcard root dir you will see PC_BCR_1.3, tap it and then tap Install.

Hope this helps

Reactions: HostingDude
Upvote 0
Thanks prettypistol.
The program work correctly in the phone as in the PC, but the keystrokes not appears in notepad.
The log in the PC_BCR program show the code scanned, put "simulated keystrokes", but the keystrokes not show in notepad (obvious, the notepad is selected as active).
The PC is Windows 7 32bits and mono/GTK is installed.

Upvote 0
i've got the same problem over here...

Thanks prettypistol.
The program work correctly in the phone as in the PC, but the keystrokes not appears in notepad.
The log in the PC_BCR program show the code scanned, put "simulated keystrokes", but the keystrokes not show in notepad (obvious, the notepad is selected as active).

Upvote 0
Hey!

Try to use another version of Mono.
The program works well on version 2.6.7 mono-project.com/OldReleases
But the keystroke simulation doesn't work on the lastest versions...
:cool:

Thanks prettypistol.

Upvote 0
If you guys are having issues finding the old barcode scanner you can try my application. It's called phone to computer and the application page for this forum is located at:
http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/335881-phone-computer-also-remote-control.html

My app recently just got updated with barcode scanner functionality. It is also a remote control for the computer as well as allowing you to send data or download data off your computer.

This is the one. Plus it does lots of other useful things. :thumb:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raz.ptc

Upvote 0
It works on 2.6.7
but did not work on new version which i tried earlier.
In the latest mono version, the PCBCR app read the barcode transmitted to PC but keystroke was not simulated.

Some tips:
Connect your PC and phone to same WiFi network.
Install 2.6.7 Mono with GTK
Have a barcode reader app on phone.
You will see the progress of each barcode in the PCBCR app

Hey!

Try to use another version of Mono.
The program works well on version 2.6.7 mono-project.com/OldReleases
But the keystroke simulation doesn't work on the lastest versions...
:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones