1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Barcode Scanner With GPS Logging

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gaspari, Apr 25, 2012.

1. gaspari

gaspari Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    I've been looking for a barcode scanner that logs gps coordinates and can create a report that shows date, time, the barcode scanned (the text from a text barcode) and gps coordinates. The report should be able to be emailed, and the ability to edit the report before sending should be lockable or disabled.

I'm looking for something that a security department could use to show that its employees are making rounds. Anyone know of anything like this? If not, would it be difficult to make?

Advertisement

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
  3. choonhooi

choonhooi Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Hi,
    I wonder if you have found the android application that you have been looking for, i.e barcode scanner with GPS position logging? I am actually looking for the same application. I have some machineries/tools, that i renting out to various part of the town. What i do is that, I ll send these tools to them, and write down address manually. The customer will use them for a couple of days, and I ll need to go there and collect them. Since these items are being rented out in various places, i need to know exactly where they are so that i can send my drivers to collect them. If i have the exact location, by means of GPS lat/long , i can just pass it to the drivers and they will navigate themselves to get the equipment back.

So, i am actually looking for an apps that i can scan the barcode on the receipt and then it automatically log down the gps coordinates when reaching customer's place.

anyone knows such apps?

thanks

Rgds,
    CH

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish⇄AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
    Detect language ​

4. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    shopNav does almost everything you want, but it is designed for shopping, not tracking

DoForms is another possibility

5. edgaruco

edgaruco Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2014
    contact triple w dot serteck dot com dot mx in m