1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Barcode Scanners (AT&T vs Barcode vs Shopsavvy)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by HankAtrix, Aug 13, 2011.

1. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    I am the VP of a database software company
    I am from New Orleans but have had the great oppor
    Hello Forum -

Do you happen to know if AT&T Code Scanner is actually just Barcode Scanner? Also, can you please let me know if you have had experiences with Barcode Scanners (ATT Scanner vs Barcode Scanner vs Shopsavvy)?

Thank you! HankAtrix

Advertisement

2. SporkLover

SporkLover Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2010
    I've got scanlife, barcode scanner, Google shopper, and shop savvy installed. I prefer shop savvy by far. I use the others when I don't have satisfactory results from shop savvy ...... that's rare

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    The only barcode capable app I use is Goggles, as this pretty much covers everything. I did try Shop Savvy, but found it to be rather useless. Although it read the codes correctly, it could never find any matching products.
    EDIT:

I actually find Goggles to be a great app for when I'm shopping. Although I've been in China for 2 years, there are still many things at the supermarket which look interesting, but I don't really know what they are or what to do with them. With Goggles I can scan the barcodes or the items themselves, and Google will usually give me a clue about what the things actually are, and how to prepare them or cook them.