• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QR reader

nextappsgen

Oct 2, 2018
Ukraine
description.png

QR reader
- is a free application for scanning QR and barcode.
QR-scanner reads the code instantly - thanks to the new artificial intelligence system.

Features:
- Read the barcode or QR using the camera or select an image saved in your device.
- Turn on the flashlight to work in low light.
- Choose automatic or manual mode - to focus on a particular code among the set falling in the field of view.
- Working without an internet connection.
- Recognizes the URLs by which you can follow the browser button.
- Inverted scanning qr code
- Copy scanned text to clipboard
- ISBN search
- Supports all common 1D and 2D formats: ISBN, Code 128, Code 39, Code 93, Codabar, EAN 13, EAN 8, ITF 14, UPC-A, UPC-E, QR Code, PDF417, Aztec, Data Matrix.

Google Play link

qr.png

scan_qr_screen_framed.jpg menu_screen_framed.jpg scan_result_web_page_framed.jpg settings_screen_framed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cao Van Thanh
Dear users, it is very important for me to know your opinion about this application. It is especially important to know your opinion about the application interface - whether you like it or not. All interface elements were made non-standard and a lot of time was spent on their production. Please express your opinion. It is important for me to understand whether it is worthwhile to use a similar theme in future applications, or it will have to be abandoned.

Upvote 0
I have to ask, why do I need your app, what can your app do for me? Bare in mind I'm already scanning codes several times a day with my phone, usually when paying for things, or sometimes exchanging contact details with WeChat. Also there's other apps like Google Goggles, which do more than just scan codes.
It is difficult to give an answer specifically for you.
I will try to answer from my point of view.
Before I started developing this application, I analyzed several applications from the top list of qr scanning apps. I discovered 2 features:
1) Most of these applications had, in my opinion, just the ugly look of the interface and they worked slowly.
2) However, if you look at the statistics, this did not prevent them from being installed from 200,000 to 800,000 times in the last month.
Taking into account these 2 factors, I decided to make my application.
I applied the latest technology to pattern recognition that works much faster than solutions that were used several years ago.
I came up with an interface that does not use standard elements and in my opinion looks good.
But this is only in my opinion and I would like to receive feedback from you.

Many thanks for your feedback! I will be glad to hear your suggestions for improving the application!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I'm generally up to try a new app...
Don't need a barcode scanner on a daily basis, so I tried it out because the discriptor indicated that it performed all the basic functions as my current reader, at less than half the space.

1- I thought your interface looked good, but the inability to remove ads took away from any aesthetics that it had.

2- App was very slow/sluggish to respond, when it would respond at all.

3- More often than not the app failed to respond. (See attached)
MyScreen_2019-09-15-12-51-53.png

4-

Upvote 0
I'm generally up to try a new app...
Don't need a barcode scanner on a daily basis, so I tried it out because the discriptor indicated that it performed all the basic functions as my current reader, at less than half the space.

1- I thought your interface looked good, but the inability to remove ads took away from any aesthetics that it had.

2- App was very slow/sluggish to respond, when it would respond at all.

3- More often than not the app failed to respond. (See attached)
View attachment 144516

4-
Thank you so much for testing my application and giving such a detailed feedback! In the near future, the interface will be completely changed because the existing one has not proved its viability. Because of complex animations, it sometimes produces an ANR of about 1-2% of devices (which includes your device). The new interface will be greatly simplified and will work very quickly (even on weak devices). I can’t refuse advertising in the application - but its location will also be changed (It will have to annoy you less)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones