1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Baseband unknown after Rom flash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tipa, Dec 1, 2011.

1. tipa

tipa Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Hi, newbie with rooting here. Pretty much got my phone rooted using unrevoked. I think I followed the directions correctly. I really like this ROM and was able to flash it on to my phone. I think the ROM is running as its supposed to but the only thing is I couldn't get a signal. When I check my baseband, it says unknown. I flashed the same ROM a few times and still with the same results. I've also tried updating my radio and also tried the cyanogenmod 7.1 ROM and both ROMs come out with the same results. Baseband is unknown therefore I cant get any signal. I hope someone could help me, I've run out of ideas and I really like this ROM. Thanks a lot to anyone who could give me answers!

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    It's definitely a radio issue. If flashing a radio didn't work, id probably RUU it back to stock.

It is a gsm phone I take it?

3. tipa

tipa Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011

Sorry I left out that detail. Yes its a gsm desire bravo. I was able to revert back to the stock ROM through nandroid restore. And it also had the radio update I did. Do you think I left something out in the process of flashing the ROM? Everything works except for the problem of the unknown baseband which is the most important part. I've tried flashing a few times with the 2 ROMs and restored to the stock ROM a couple of times hoping it was just a fluke.

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    Not sure to be honest . I flashed ics last night and had the same issue. Although also my MAC address and imei were also unknown.

I compiled it myself from the xda dev thread source with no changes. But assumed it was a dodgy compile.

If you have time it would be interesting to see if your MAC and imei are also unknown

5. tipa

tipa Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    I finally found the culprit..... I always keep my phone sim locked in case I lose my phone. So this time around, I disabled the sim lock from my original ROM and also wiped the dalvik cache (though I think it was caused by the sim lock). These are the only two things I did differently. After flashing your ROM and rebooting..... voila! Got the signal right away! :D

One last thing I'd like to ask you, I'm loving the ROM by the way..... Could you help me out gaining the 375MB space to fully maximize the ROM? or maybe you have a tutorial you could point me to. I wouldn't want to mess up my phone experimenting on the partitions. Do I just do that in HBOOT?
    Thanks for the help! :)

SUroot likes this.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    You just need to fastboot flash the hboot from the first post. It's easier than custom and you get 373MB. See my adb and fastboot faq in my signature. Skip the adb section as its not relevant here

tipa likes this.
Tags: