• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mgs2

Lurker
Jan 3, 2012
Hello.
I've done a little bit of research and I haven't found any thread related to this. So I'll just ask.

I want to try the 4.0.3 leaked ROM. And I found a tutorial and everything. I'm a little bit scared though, because I used to have a Motorola Dext(Cliq) and one time I flashed the wrong ROM and it left me with no 3G access for a year, until a developer found a way to get it back.
It was something related to the frequencies, my Network, Telcel, uses 850/1900/2100 and I made my phone use 900/1900/2100 or something along those lines. I never really understood how it worked, all I knew is I was screwed.

So the question is, are there such problems with the GS2?

Hope I was clear, lol

the way i understand it, there is an american version of the GS2 and an international one, so aslong as you stick with rom's for your kind of phone, you should be fine.
this section of the forum is all relevant for the I9100 model
but if you do flash a baseband that gives you problems you can easily flash another one instead, you wont have to wait a year. this phone is extremely easy to try things out and go back again if it doesnt work right, providing you read instructions properly to make sure you dont do anything wrong although i would find it hard to flash something, the wrong way

Reactions: Mgs2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones