• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Basic Beautiful Widget Question

izzy35

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
I've downloaded Beautiful Widget and have the temp and clock on the homescreen. My question is, when you click on the widget, it doesn't bring you to a full weather program like weatherchannel or weatherbug? Meaning like, in the "stock" weather widgets, if you click on them while open, it brings u into a weather program where you then have the option to look at a closer look or detailed forecast.

This isn't the case for Beautiful Widget? Thanks

Not sure I'm understanding your question. When you click on the moon/sun/clouds in the beautiful home widget on your screen it will bring up a 4 day forecast with present weather and an animation. If you click one of the 4 days at the bottom it will launch whatever app to tell it to launch. This in in the settings (click MENU then CONFIGURE) while on the animated present day conditions. Is this what you were looking for? Sorry if it is not

Upvote 0
Not sure I'm understanding your question. When you click on the moon/sun/clouds in the beautiful home widget on your screen it will bring up a 4 day forecast with present weather and an animation. If you click one of the 4 days at the bottom it will launch whatever app to tell it to launch. This in in the settings (click MENU then CONFIGURE) while on the animated present day conditions. Is this what you were looking for? Sorry if it is not

If I click on the widget it then opens a 3 day forecast. If I click on any of the 3 days it just resorts back to the main homescreen. For the stock widget, once u click on it, it opens up the weather program, but this doesn't happen with the beautiful widget. I did, menu then config but it doesn't give an option to "open prgram". So today is Tuesday, if i wanted a detailed weather forecast for Thursday (aside from the picture and hi and low temps), there is no way to do it??

Upvote 0
Tap the current weather to bring up the multiday forecast, then hit menu > configure.

Scroll down til you see three gray boxes in a row that all say Select Application. One of them will say " When tapping 3 days forecast:"

Change this to weatherbug or weather channel or whatever third party app you'd like to use. My guess is that it is currently set to home since you say it returns to the home screen when you tap one of the days in the three day forecast.

Upvote 0
If I click on the widget it then opens a 3 day forecast. If I click on any of the 3 days it just resorts back to the main homescreen. For the stock widget, once u click on it, it opens up the weather program, but this doesn't happen with the beautiful widget. I did, menu then config but it doesn't give an option to "open prgram". So today is Tuesday, if i wanted a detailed weather forecast for Thursday (aside from the picture and hi and low temps), there is no way to do it??

That's odd mine has 4 days in the bottom row. Like another poster there are 3 boxes under the configure settings that will allow to to lauch your app of choice for 3 click areas within the beautiful home widget.

Upvote 0
That's odd mine has 4 days in the bottom row. Like another poster there are 3 boxes under the configure settings that will allow to to lauch your app of choice for 3 click areas within the beautiful home widget.
Just found something very interesting..

If i click the sun or moon, on the beautiful smaller home widget, it brings me to the animated weather screen with a 3 day forecast on the bottom, with no option for additional, detailed forecast. BUT, if I click on the clock on the beautiful smaller home widget, it brings me to a clock screen. On that screen if i then click the sun, moon or whatever icon is there, it THEN brings me to the screen with the 4 day forecast and option for more detailed info. (basically it then brings me to the screen that the stock weather widget would bring me to).. :thinking: Weird huh??

Upvote 0
Just found something very interesting..

If i click the sun or moon, on the beautiful smaller home widget, it brings me to the animated weather screen with a 3 day forecast on the bottom, with no option for additional, detailed forecast. BUT, if I click on the clock on the beautiful smaller home widget, it brings me to a clock screen. On that screen if i then click the sun, moon or whatever icon is there, it THEN brings me to the screen with the 4 day forecast and option for more detailed info. (basically it then brings me to the screen that the stock weather widget would bring me to).. :thinking: Weird huh??

Quite odd.....are you sure you have Beautiful Widgets :p jk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones