1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Basic gallery help needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan1942, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Dan1942

Dan1942 Member
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    I am new to smartphones and love the inspire, but cannot figure out how the gallery works. I took some pictures Saturday, and they were in the gallery. I took some more today, and the ones from Saturday are gone. Where did they go - I am sure I did not deliberately delete them, but also did not do anything to save them.

I also see references to albums, but have no idea how to create them, or put photos in them. I've pushed all the menu and settings buttons I can find, but am still at a loss. I'm probably missing something basic and simple, and don't mind being laughed at in exchange for some help.

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    I'm not sure why your gallery is not showing all your pictures, but you can check if they are still there by looking in the DCIM folder on your SD card/internal storage.

Don't worry nobody is going to laugh at you. A lot people have asked the same question.

There are no menu options to create an album in the gallery. You have to manually create a folder on your SD card/internal storage and put the pictures in them. You can can create a folder on your phone by using app call astro (which is file manager app) or create it on your computer with your phone connected via usb.

Dan1942 likes this.
  3. Dan1942

Dan1942 Member
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Whew, what a relief. Downloaded Astro, and the pictures are all in DCIM. Now I have to play around with that for a while. Thanks for the help!