1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Basic How to Market your Andriod Apps Part 1&2

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by PixelPower, Jun 30, 2013.

1. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. emile_b

emile_b Newbie

Great, thanks for the tips!
    Not heard of 'Press Packs' before - I think I will investigate.
    Cheers!

PixelPower likes this.
  3. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Glad I could help , if any other developers have questions then shoot maybe I can help you too.

4. kodiak211

kodiak211 Member

Here's one I've been using, and it has been helping me a little bit... I'm on tech sites while I'm working... I go to the sites as a little break from my developing... On Disqus, I have a QR code as my profile picture... People I'm talking too see it, and scan it...

PixelPower likes this.
  5. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Great way to get exposure!! I am actually shocked to see so few developers here posting, I would think they need as much help with promoting thier games and apps. I wrote these guides to help you market your apps effectively.

6. spiratime

spiratime Lurker

Thanks for the advices!

PixelPower likes this.
  7. Aceber

Aceber Lurker

Great tips. Thanks!

PixelPower likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Those are actually some very good tips. Thank you.

PixelPower likes this.
  9. calderwa

calderwa Lurker

The whole marketing thing is a bit of a mystery to me. I've developed software for 25 years but selling is a whole different skillset. I wrote to maybe 60 review sites, and with maybe 4 exceptions they either totally ignored me or else said "actually we're not really free - give us $30/$50$100/$199". I might just abandon any idea of making money - my two apps (SourcesPro, especially) do just what I want so I get loads of fun and creative buzz out of them anyway. Thanks for the articles.

PixelPower likes this.
  10. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

I would say it better to market by posting your games on forums like in my signature and doing facebook and twitter promotions. Look over the tips I never mentioned going to review sites. Your right review sites don't have the impact they should for the price they want but they can help with SEO.

Post your game or app here http://androidfreegamesapps.forumotion.com/

11. Calc

Calc Member

Good tips, thanks :) Marketing is the hardest part...

PixelPower likes this.
  12. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Yes your right its almost as long as the process to make the app in the 1st place. These tips will set you apart from the pack and get you much needed downloads.

13. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker

As you are marketing your app, you can monetize your new users with an SDK such as ours. Check out AppBucks :: DeveloperSignup for more info. I have a thread here explaining what we do and how we can help.

14. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Alright Paul I have some research into your company and it seems people have problems getting paid or contacting you.

Terrible experience with AppBucks

And a your own company rep doesn't know when AppBucks payouts occur or the amount .The Rep told a developer he thinks the company pays at $50 limit but he is not sure. That makes no sense

New icon/push Android ad network - AppBucks - Page 2

And the domain is up for sale, what happens to the people who earned money will the new buyers pay them. Why is the domain up for sale? If the company is making money .

AppBucks.com is for sale - GenericDomainMarket.com

I am very sorry but this looks like AppBucks is a scam.

15. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

I noticed alot of new AD companies pop-up please be careful with fly by night companies promoting fast earnings. In truth you need alot of downloads to gain decent money from apps.

16. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Ok this is going to be a resource to help everyone get the word out about your android game and apps. I only included developer friendly places where you can post.

Free Places To Promote Your Games
    Free forum : Android free games and apps

PPCGeeks

Making Money With Android Forums

FacebookGroups With ton's of Members

https://www.facebook.com/groups/152169141638746/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/524190950963903/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/364567516923925/

Blogger

Sold Game - Mobile Game Development and Reviews