1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Bass not working with new car stereo over Bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by rveca, Jan 5, 2013.

1. rveca

rveca Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2013
    Hello everyone, new to the forum, generic apology for just in case I'm posting this in the wrong section.

Anyways, I got a new stereo in my car, and I bought this particular one because the respectable individuals with slightly less than average intelligence at Best Buy (tl;dr idiots) told me that it would play music over Bluetooth with my Android phone. I pulled out of their garage after it was installed, parked, and started fiddling with it to see how everything works. Turns out there's no bass coming from my subwoofer when I play music over Bluetooth. Works fine over aux, but I'm not okay with using old technology when I payed extra to be able to use new technology. So has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I can't think of anything they could have messed up that would only turn off the sub when using Bluetooth.

Specs:
    Samsung Galaxy S3 with CM10.0.0-d2att using Android version 4.1.2
    Alpine CDE-133BT

Advertisement

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have heard some Bluetooth implementations on car radios turn off the subwoofer while its enabled. Granted, I've only heard of it happening while on voice call (which makes sense), I have no idea why that's happening using Bluetooth audio.

I'm assuming you've gone through all your car stereo settings and read the manual to find an option that may enable/disable the subwoofer while Bluetooth is on. Who knows, it could be a bug on the headunit as well that the manufacturer has to fix.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I would guess because the head unit can't differentiate between a phone call and music. It's just a Bluetooth audio stream.

Would have thought the should be a setting to turn off/on the subwoofer for BT audio. It's a bit bad if the isn't, poor design by the manufacturer.