1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bastardized rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unitypunk, Dec 7, 2013.

1. unitypunk

unitypunk Android Enthusiast

so, my rom is missing a bunch of things from it after a recovery wipe using stock recovery, and stuff is going crazy, i dont have a lock screen, notifications arent clearing for any of my applications, (if i miss a call it says i missed all the calls, not just the one)

the apps missing are the ones i had frozen and removed from my phones internal memory with TI Backup

if i manually add the apk's back to the rom, will it alleviate my problem?

or at this point do i need to install CWM and reflash a stock rom?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. unitypunk

i have linux and adb functioning, if that helps my situation,

3. motumbo

motumbo Member

I would flash CWM and then Doctoror's Jellybean rom. Don't forget to factory reset and wipe caches from CWM too.

4. unitypunk

should i use flashify to flash the cwm posted around here, or is there a better method?

5. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

Unitypunk, I would suggest flashing the CWM recovery, then use xmguy1's nandroid to restore the functions of your phone. I have no idea why the others are having connectivity issues with the update. It makes as much sense as me loosing LTE after trying to restore my old phone.

6. unitypunk

ugh, my phone wont reboot unless i recover stock... i need to get cwm on here bad, a friend of mine said the safest way to install cwm would be with adb, but he didnt explain how...

7. unitypunk

i just thought of an easy as **** solution... if one of you guys could go to TI back up, you can create an update zip of all the stock apks for me, then at least the things would be back, and i can work from there

8. motumbo

motumbo Member

You could also use fastboot:

From adb:
    Adb reboot bootloader

And then when it boots and you see the gzone logo steady in your device screen:

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Fastboot reboot recovery

unitypunk likes this.
  9. unitypunk

if i do adb reboot it hangs at white verizon screen, the same with adb reboot fastboot, then i have to do a stock recovery using adb recover, or hard buttons.

10. unitypunk

after gathering resources (thanks rjglen) ive got all the apps back and backed up again, but i still have issues with my lock screen, and power down menu, phone is rebooting fine now. i wonder if i should just unroot and go to the store saying shits fubar... should net me a a new device right?

11. Doctoror

Doctoror Well-Known Member

After "adb reboot bootloder" you should boot into fastboot mode.
    The fastboot mode appears as hanged verizon screen actually.
    Try fastboot devices to see if it's recognized.
    If it is, flash the recovery from there.

12. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

Break it like I sent you the directions for and then call in. Do it in the morning, you'll be without a phone for a day. Take the next day off from work and wait for FedEx. After the new one comes let it update before you do anything, then root with motochopper and you can fix it back to how it was when you loved it. From my experience jellybean runs great on this phone, well worth the hassle.

13. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

Since I've got CWM installed....I probably need to get another Commando 4G too. Because (although Doctoror does great work) the ROM he made has a few glitches I can't work around. I wish I could uninstall CWM. I love it for backup and restoring. But its blocking the OTA and would hard Brick it if I tried.

14. motumbo

motumbo Member

Use Flashify to flash this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg61rpgdqn8gus0/stock%20recovery.img

It is the stock recovery for c811 android 4.0.4.

Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews