• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root batch backup in Titanium causing reboot

Lock-N-Load

Android Expert
Feb 8, 2010
WestSiiiide
for some reason, using the batch backup (apps + data) in Titanium is causing a reboot every time. Under the "problems?" tab it talks about Busy Box being an issue and so I installed a know good Busy Box.. which got me farther along than the first 2 attempts, but still.. it rebooted again.

thoughts?

for MBP, I am doing only apps + app data and it fails every time - stand alone data was fine. I just got through 100% and in the final zip phase it failed.

this time I started MBP and then switched to SetCPU and watched the temp, sure enough, it got to about 120.2 degrees and rebooted.. which is odd as I have a setting that says if it gets to 120, roll back CPU to 900 mhz to chill out the temp.

I wonder if (1) that is why it is crashing and (2) if I need to set a lower profile for 120 degrees..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones