• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories batteries from China...how are they working?

I made a post about it about two weeks ago and many people said they suck. I had mine for about two weeks and it has been great so far.

I charged a battery and use the other one. I don't have to worry about running low now. The only thing that sucks is you have to remove the battery and if you have a case it is a little annoying.

Upvote 0
I've had the HK batteries for over a month and they work fine, comparable to Captivate battery after it's been powercycle-improved. Very handy to have a spare on you as you are out and about. I put a full-body protector on my phone, no case, so easy to swap batteries. I can imagine the annoyance removing a case every time you swap batteries.

Upvote 0
I dont have the link but I bought two batteries and a charger for ten bucks including shipping. They are as good as the oem battery. They last a long time when stored outside the phone.
i have the same batteries. I charged them both when I got them, and threw one in my pocket. I've kept that battery in my pocket for about two weeks now. I finally needed to swap batteries last night before going out, and it was still at 91%. They work great!

Upvote 0
Do I need to specifically get the Captivate battery on ebay or is the battery the same for all 4 Galaxy S phones?

The batteries are the same for all 4 phones. You can confirm by going to Samsung website and looking up the battery and then seeing what it fits - all the phones.

There have been some reports of phones rebooting when using these batteries - not a lot, but some. So I opted for another solution:

Amazon.com: Energizer XP4000 Universal Rechargeable Power Pack: Camera & Photo

It will charge my camcorder too, so for me it is one spare for 2 devices. I don't expect to be carrying a spare phone battery in my pocket even if i had it.

Reactions: b534202
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones