1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Batteries

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DCritter, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DCritter

DCritter Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    So, I decided I'd give the Charge a chance with some sort of alternative battery. All the Verizon store had was a so-called standard battery which is marked for a Continuim (or some such) which is 1500 mAh, not the 1600 mAh as in the phone. They say it's the same, but it isn't. Same battery in the charger combo pack. That also means carrying a separate battery and switching it every day, which didn't appeal to me, especially considering the snap-on back of the Charge.

The extended battery meanwhile is a bit of a brick and nobody makes a holster/case for it. My pockets are too full to carry the phone in there, especially with that bulky battery.

We tried about every slip-in case in the store and finally found a Verizon case for a Droid X with elastic sides and magnetic flap that more or less fits and the flap closes if you put it in the case with the top of the phone (the thin part) under the magnetic catch and facing the body. I'm going to give this a test over the weekend and see how it does.

Advertisement

2. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    Hhaha i got the same thing. The DX belt pouch is perfect with the extended battery.

3. BobandGeri

BobandGeri Newbie
    None

May 18, 2011
    Do you have a link to the case you are talking about?

4. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL