• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lsutiger

May 4, 2010
I currently have two batteries. I have a standard battery and an extended battery ( which I use on a regular basis ).
My question is if I charge the extended battery, put it into my desk or whatever, and use my stock battery...will the charged extended battery keep it's chrge until I need it?

I like the extended battery, as it has a 2-3 day battery life, but is quite weighty. The stock battery is a day, tops. I could deal with that while at work or home, but when travelling I would need the extended battery.

Sooo..if I charged the extended then put it away, will it keep its charge for a while?
Also, would it freak out the phone changing batteries with different charges?

Thanx for the reply!

By freaking out, I mean this:
As I have been charging the same battery for a bit of time, I noticed that the phone somehow has been 'smart' about it.
When I first installed the extended battery, it took a long time to charge it, but it's discharge rate was quite high. As I charged it over and over again, for smaller times, it seems to be lasting longer. At first, I had to charge it overnight. It lasted a day. I then recharged at work, which took about 4 hours. Lasted two days. I have charged it here and there through the computer and the car and it took less to get to 100% and lasts longer now. I have not changed my browsing/phone/data habits during this. Just seems strange, but I am uneducated about the battery.

Upvote 0
Yes, you will most likely have issues swapping between a stock battery and a extended one. The phone reads and sets the high and low points of the battery over time. so going from stock to the extended one you will most likely end up with a "dead" battery in a short amount of time. One fix, provided you are rooted is to charge to 100%, reboot into recovery, wipe battery stats, completely discharge until the phone shuts off, then recharge to 100%. Then the phone will learn the new High and low points in one cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones