1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery 100% to 0% within three hours

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skyfire322, Jun 2, 2014.

1. skyfire322

skyfire322 Lurker

Hey everyone,
    I know there have been threads upon threads about fast battery drain, but I haven't found one in regards to a situation like mine.

I had an S2 Epic 4G with perfect battery life, however the screen cracked. My friend had given me his (did a factory reset before transferring everything), and now it's draining at a rapid rate. When I do a reset (both hard or soft), the battery will lose 10-15% juice.

I drained the battery completely and recharged it while the phone was off (per instructions I found on the forum), the only apps I have installed are Battery Gauge and Juice Defender, I have force closed all bloatware, and I'm running off of my house's wifi signal.

Could this just be a faulty issue with the phone itself, and not with updates, apps, etc.? I should note that he had the issue with the phone, so I swapped his battery out for mine.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

It could be a software or hardware issue. There's no way to tell without having the phone to diagnose. If you can't do that yourself (at least measure the amount of current flowing out of the battery), you'll have to bring it to a repair shop. (Fixing your cracked screen might be cheaper - diagnostic time costs the same as screen replacement time, but it will probably take a lot longer to diagnose a problem like that than it will take to replace the screen..)

skyfire322 likes this.
  3. sno

sno Newbie

It may be time to buy a new battery. This is a common issue. Over x amount of recharge cycles the battery degrades giving you decreased performance. You can pick up an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) battery for at most $30 on Amazon.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews