• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery and Google Play Services

If these questions have already been asked, my apologies; I have spent a significant portion of the morning searching for answers. I am having two separate issues simultaneously.

1. I have a HTC One M8 (that I've had for a year and a half-ish). All of the sudden, yesterday, it started draining the battery at a significant rate. I unplugged it this morning, and within four hours it is at 36%, and I haven't used it for anything.

2. I have an LG-VK410 tablet, and it keeps popping up with the message "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped." I have tried several of the methods mentioned in various forums, but have had no luck.

I appreciate any assistance.

With the HTC device, it could be a problem of dead cells in the battery, causing it to die faster. I have this problem with my Galaxy Exhibit. A simple battery replacement would probably do the trick. :)

The LG tablet could possibly has corrupted google play services. This usually can be fixed by reflashing the stock firmware if possible. I don't touch many LG things so I wouldn't know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones