• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery apps

To my knowledge battery apps are using somewhat of the same method or function call to the android operating system to get the level of battery.

The stock battery icon in the bar is misleading. I remember after first installing a few battery apps noting that if the battery is really at %49 percent the stock battery meter at the top shows closer to 1/3 of the little battery full. So its really the stock battery meter in my opinion that is responsible for your confusion.

Some battery monitoring widgets or meters can be a waste to the battery itself. You'll find a lot of members of this forum and all over are using the one called:

Battery Indicator

Instead of a widget on the home screens it puts a icon on the left side of your status bar with percentage. When you pull the notification bar down it tells you things like: time last on charger, voltage, health and battery temp.

Cheers!

Reactions: Bakersfield89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones