• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery/Background Data Sync Problems

JamesChatz

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Hey,

not sure if this is the right place for this thread but I'm having a few problems with the battery in my Portal.

Battery would only last about 6 or 7 hours from 100%, with GPS/bluetooth/wifi etc off. Managed to narrow the problem down to something syncing data with the background data setting, turned that off and it seems to be back to normal.

Is there any way I can find out which app (I presume it is an app) is causing the problem? It's a bit annoying to have to keep turning it on and off everytime I want to go to the market place. I know there is the menu in settings, but it doesn't really help me when it just says "Android system".

Cheers for any help :)

Hey,

not sure if this is the right place for this thread but I'm having a few problems with the battery in my Portal.

Battery would only last about 6 or 7 hours from 100%, with GPS/bluetooth/wifi etc off. Managed to narrow the problem down to something syncing data with the background data setting, turned that off and it seems to be back to normal.

Is there any way I can find out which app (I presume it is an app) is causing the problem? It's a bit annoying to have to keep turning it on and off everytime I want to go to the market place. I know there is the menu in settings, but it doesn't really help me when it just says "Android system".

Cheers for any help :)
Use System Panel, and enable Monitoring.

See System Panel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones