• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery change for your pixel 2 or xl

bowensun1998

Lurker
Jan 25, 2018
Follow those setting to guarantee to save the battery. Additional some battery saver apps.

Balance change after.

+ Save battery.
+ Increase little performance.
+ Won't effect daily use.

- Lose some main features such as active edge and Google assistance etc....

Follow↓↓↓
1) Turn off always on display.
2) Turn off GPS Bluetooth and try not to use mobile data as possible. Try to use wifi most of times.
3) Turn off Google assistance and voice active.
4) Turn off touch sound.
5) Turn off vibrate.
6) Turn off auto brightness and lower brightness around 30-50%.
7) Uses pitch black wallpaper.
8) Disable auto-scan in wifi setting and disable all print Services.
9) Turn off NFC and beam.
10) open developer mode and set animeation scales to off. (0.5x is fine).
11) Disable apps you never use and always check for software update.

#Apps you must need for better battery#
1) Greenify (paid)
2) Naptime/forcedoze. (ADB COMMAND REQUIRED!!!) .

#Charging tips#
1) Use original charger and cable all time. If you want third part one. Look for reliable manufacturer such as Anker.
2) Don't charge when it got below 20% or shut down. Also try not to charge all way to 100% According to battery university best charging present should stay between 40%-90%. And yes you can charge your phone overnights -android authority will answer why.
3) Battery life expectancy is about 16 months and try to get battery replacement after year uses. Try to use heat resistance case (official Google fiber case work best) and try to remove it when you charge your phone. Our battery don't like heat :)

Good luck for better battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180127-184702.png
    Screenshot_20180127-184702.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 454
I agree with 'codesplice'. And, I can also say from experience (having traded in a Pixel 2 for a Pixel 2XL) that there is a distinct difference in the battery life of both phones! The XL will last the day+, whereas the Pixel 2 I had to keep the charger with me & use it all too often...
Sorry Google, am a big fan of the XL, but not so much the other.

Reactions: test212000
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones