• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Charge Issues

badnugly99

Lurker
Nov 7, 2011
Having issues with my droid 3 not charging. When I put it on the charger, it says it is charging but does not. I heard motorola came out yesterday and said version 2.3 was having this issue and a reboot should fix, I am running 2.3.4 and reboot did not fix this issue. Anyone else having the same issue? Or have any ideas for fixing? Thanks all!

Haven't charged mine yet but was getting terrible batter life today. It was also doing a few odd things like using swipe to answer and, for the first time in forever, screenmodewidget didn't work. I am going to pop it on the charger shortly, will update either way. Just re-booted, hopefully that will take care of it.

Upvote 0
Another question along the same lines, will the D3 charge when the USB cable is plugged into a PC? I thought the answer was yes but it doesn't seem to. This is even though the battery icon is indicating that it is being charged.
Oh, the the back of the phone started getting quite warm. Warmer than I'd expect it to.

Upvote 0
@badnugly99 & @Abb0nz, I took my D3 into Verizon. They stated my Motorola USB cable had gone bad. So, you could just try another known good USB cable with your wall charger (or directly to your PC). Alternatively, have Verizon diagnose and tell you whether you have a battery, cable, or whatever as the problem. I incurred no charge to have the diagnosis done. Please let us know what ended up being your solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones