1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Charge Time/Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by islandfever, Sep 22, 2011.

1. islandfever

islandfever Lurker

My Bionic (second one; as I returned the first because the battery was running down in 5/6 hrs and was bugging back and forth from3g/4g too often) took two hours to charge last night even while turned off using the supplied charger.

I am reading some people getting rediculously long battery life too, mine only lasted 9 hrs last night and I am seeing some getting a 24 hrs?

I am not a big user on data etc...just basic text/email push and basic web use.

What are others finding on charge/life while rooted?

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

My guess is the people getting great battery life are using extended batteries. I use one and after 16 hours i am at 30%.
    As far as being rooted, right now there is no difference because there are no custom rom's out yet to improve battery life.

Edit: Spoke to soon. First custom rom released

3. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I use (play) with my Bionic quite a bit, and I'm seeing battery life of about 14-15 hours (6am to 8/9pm). Glad I got the extra battery with the Costco deal.

Just my two cents, but I think that's pretty darn good considering dual core with 4g.

4. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast

I'm seeing well over 20 hours with moderate to heavy usage with the extended battery!!! Granted I'm not using 4G all the time (don't have it where I live, but do have it at work)...

5. BusaRider

BusaRider Member

My extended battery should arrive today(store was out of them). Right now with the factory battery I'm lucky to 8 hours. And that's while doing almost nothing with it.

6. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast

Assuming that you are rooted (since this is the "All Things Root" section), if you freeze/remove some of the extraneous applications (debloat) that you are not using, you should be able to get much better battery life than that.

7. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

I get just over 10+ hours of battery life where I work at. I am on extended battery. I am a moderate users of my phone but I think the reason I have low battery life is due to the signal I have here. My signal out here is pretty weak. And I only get 3G where I am at currently.

8. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Android Expert

I am getting about 14/16 hours on my stock battery, I have the extended, but just seeing what stock will do. I also don't have LTE here yet so I have it set on 3G only and I know that helps. I was by the airport this morning and tried to turn on 4G to see if I could get it and forgot to turn it off and I was losing my battery a lot faster than normal.

9. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member

I was getting horrible battery life until i turned off 4g. Now battery life is good. I cant quote times because i usually charge it when i get a chance. I am actually getting better life on bionic 3g only than i was getting on my droid x. I had great battery life on my droid x i thought.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews