1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Battery Charge Time/Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by islandfever, Sep 22, 2011.

1. islandfever

islandfever Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    My Bionic (second one; as I returned the first because the battery was running down in 5/6 hrs and was bugging back and forth from3g/4g too often) took two hours to charge last night even while turned off using the supplied charger.

I am reading some people getting rediculously long battery life too, mine only lasted 9 hrs last night and I am seeing some getting a 24 hrs?

I am not a big user on data etc...just basic text/email push and basic web use.

What are others finding on charge/life while rooted?

Advertisement

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    My guess is the people getting great battery life are using extended batteries. I use one and after 16 hours i am at 30%.
    As far as being rooted, right now there is no difference because there are no custom rom's out yet to improve battery life.

Edit: Spoke to soon. First custom rom released

3. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    I use (play) with my Bionic quite a bit, and I'm seeing battery life of about 14-15 hours (6am to 8/9pm). Glad I got the extra battery with the Costco deal.

Just my two cents, but I think that's pretty darn good considering dual core with 4g.

4. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2009
    Web Application Programmer
    Northern Virginia
    I'm seeing well over 20 hours with moderate to heavy usage with the extended battery!!! Granted I'm not using 4G all the time (don't have it where I live, but do have it at work)...

5. BusaRider

BusaRider Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    My extended battery should arrive today(store was out of them). Right now with the factory battery I'm lucky to 8 hours. And that's while doing almost nothing with it.

6. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2009
    Web Application Programmer
    Northern Virginia
    Assuming that you are rooted (since this is the "All Things Root" section), if you freeze/remove some of the extraneous applications (debloat) that you are not using, you should be able to get much better battery life than that.

7. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    I get just over 10+ hours of battery life where I work at. I am on extended battery. I am a moderate users of my phone but I think the reason I have low battery life is due to the signal I have here. My signal out here is pretty weak. And I only get 3G where I am at currently.

8. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    I am getting about 14/16 hours on my stock battery, I have the extended, but just seeing what stock will do. I also don't have LTE here yet so I have it set on 3G only and I know that helps. I was by the airport this morning and tried to turn on 4G to see if I could get it and forgot to turn it off and I was losing my battery a lot faster than normal.

9. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Grassy Gator Lawn Care
    St. Augustine, FL
    I was getting horrible battery life until i turned off 4g. Now battery life is good. I cant quote times because i usually charge it when i get a chance. I am actually getting better life on bionic 3g only than i was getting on my droid x. I had great battery life on my droid x i thought.