• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery charger can't keep up streaming radio

SkFarmer

Lurker
Jul 18, 2013
I've got a 2 year old S2 that I was hoping to use to stream radio in the combine while harvesting next month but even plugged in my battery life is falling! With just my data connection running and using TuneIn Radio (screen is off and no other major apps are running) I am losing 1% of my battery life every 1-2 min with it plugged into a car charger.
I had also tried Rdio and Jango Radio apps for music and have the same problem.

My battery temp also spiked to ~48C (115F) in 10 min driving home today, I am sure that isn't good either.

I am sure people do this but I don't know how. Any ideas?

... My battery temp also spiked to ~48C (115F) in 10 min driving home today, I am sure that isn't good either...
48C isn't hot while the battery is discharging, but it's too hot while charging. Above ~45C (113F) the phone's charging control will shut down the charging for protecting the battery.

If you didn't get that issue at home, the environment in the car could be the reason.
E.g. I mount my phone above the car's air vents and use a 1A car charger :)

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones