• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery chargers

you2

Android Expert
Jun 29, 2010
I have 4 battery chargers (stock one that came with the razr; my old dumb phone and two different models I picked up from amazon ($3 each).
-
All 4 have different mwh outage (the razr is 750; the old one is 800; one of the amazon which claimed to be oem-moto SPN5334A; is 850mwh and the last is oem p[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]antech Travel Charge which is 1000mwh.
-
The question si does the output amp matter? When I charge the phone the 100% reading (battery info) is always the same - battery voltage which is around 43xxmv; temp; ...
-
My concern was that using the higher outage would harm the battery (btw the pantech seems to be the highest quality externally - with the cable extremely nice - easily 3.00 cable) - naturally I cannot comment on internal components of these chargers.

(I shoudl have mentioned the charger from my dumb phone and the oem pantech feel like original; the moto oem charger (if any) is most likely to be a clone. The one from my dumb phone is easy to open with a couple of screws).
-
Anyways repeating my concern does using a charger with 1amp or 850mwh harm the battery ?
-
Can a el-cheapo charger kill the battery (or is the safety circuit in the battery itself) - all four (including the original) is made in china...
[/SIZE][/FONT]

No it will not harm your battery as long as the voltage is the same. The watt hour rating is what the charger is capable of. It will only put out what the device plugged in is trying to draw. I believe ( not 100% sure ) the Razr draws 750 mWh so that is what the 850 and 1000 are outputting when the Razr is plugged in. I would however not use anything under what the rating of what comes with the device as it could stress the charger and the battery.

Reactions: you2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones