• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Charging and GPS issue

bose301s

Feb 8, 2010
I was using my Droid for GPS yesterday and noticed about 2 hours into my drive that the battery icon was showing that the phone was charging which was odd to me since the phone was plugged in the whole time that GPS was running. I ignored it however thinking that it was just a fluke, however when I got to my destination after 3 hours of using the GPS while plugged in my battery was at 50% only. I am running JRummy .7 with Chevy's LV 1GHz kernel with SetCPU set to have the phone run between 550 and 1000 while charging, so it can run at stock speed, I have it set to sleep at 250 and have the failsafe set to have the phone clock down to a max speed of 550 when the battery exceeds 45 degrees. I have no clue why this happened and if anyone does I would appreciate some help as it would be annoying to have the phone die on a trip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones