1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery charging anomaly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmnathan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jmnathan

jmnathan Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Hi,

I am experiencing some bizarre happenings with my Samsung Galaxy S when I have it charging. I noticed it recently and thought it was all coincidence, until I spotted the slight anomaly.

Basically, when my phone is charging and I go to pick it up to use it, as soon as I touch the handset it vibrates to indicate the battery is fully charged and the icon appears in the notification bar to show this. However, if I then unplug the phone so that it is no longer charging, the icon shows it is not fully charged, sometimes as low as 50%. If I then plug it back in to charge, the phone continues charging as normal.

It mostly happens when charging from USB off my computer, but I have also noticed it when plugged into the wall.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know it's difficult to describe fully, but it's very weird.

Thanks,
    Joseph

Advertisement

2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    Same here - I believe SGS does not have what is called a trickle charging mechanism, I usually plug my phone to a wall charger at night and in the morning it shows 100% but as soon as I unplug it, it drops down to something like 93% or even lower.

I think there is some kind of hysteresis and phone wouldn't start charging again until battery drops to a certain lower threshold.

3. TacitBlue

TacitBlue Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Stuck In Traffic
    Hi Guys

Sorry to drag up an old thread but did anyone find a cure to this?

Mine has only recently started doing this. Does it with every charger. If you move it or, even when resting on a desk while charging, you press the "home" button to check for messages, it immediately goes to 100% even if it's almost flat! The moving it i could understand a fault in the socket, but i have been carefull to monitor this when pushing the "home" button. Happens when you use the Om/Off button too.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. :D