1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery charging issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woogie8484, Apr 24, 2012.

1. woogie8484

woogie8484 Lurker

I couldn't find anything exactly like what I'm experiencing, so I'll lay it out. I was recently out of town using my stock phone charger in a hotel lamp outlet when this problem suddenly started. No idea if the outlet had anything to do with it, or if it's just a coincidence - just giving a background.

I use Battery Solo widget to monitor exact percentage of battery life, so I can see accurately what my phone is doing. It now charges to 80% and never goes past that point. I cannot through unplugging and replugging get it to go beyond there. Also, the battery seems to die about 2-3 times faster than it used to, and when it hits about 25%, it immediately starts with the blinking red icon, and shuts off within a few minutes. It's as if it's barely charging at all to begin with, and dying exceptionally quickly towards the end. I can't help but think I somehow fried my battery or charging port somehow, but that doesn't really make sense.

Anyone experience similar symptoms or issues and can offer any assistance?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews