1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery/Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RussDinoGuy, Nov 13, 2014.

1. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

On my Tab3 8.0 recently i have been having problems with crazy bad battery life and and the device not wanting to charge.

Some backstory. I had these issues with the device and did a factory reset and noticed almost no change at all (i was hoping it would remove the kitkat update but did not). I had the device 100% charged and light usage on facebook for like 30min the battery drained about 30% after about 2 hours of chatting on facebook the battery was at 30% (note this was with only Tapatalk and facebook and messanger installed). So i plug in the device wake up in the morning roughly 8-10 hours later and its only at 35%. I open up a battery monitoring widget i have and the device was only charging at a rate of 50mA. I unplug and plug it back in no change it maybe jumped to like 100. Unplugged and plugged again and it jumped to 1200mA charge rate then after a min it dropped back do to mid 100s. I don't understand, then it randomly just starts working fine again charging at 1500mA's. Note this is using the OEM wall charger and cable. Then today I use the device for maybe 20 min and it drops to 85% then after a few hours I'm sitting at 50%ish I swear all of these issues occurred after doing the kitkat update. Anyone have similar issues with simple fixes? I would root the device and use better ROM but I still have some warranty left and am about to hit the point to send the device in to be fixed which I don't want because of the turnaround time. I would do a new battery but I don't want to throw money at random things when to me it seems like a software issue.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see and hear but stopped reading when I seen you want to downgrade . **note** when you do a system update a factory data reset will not downgrade if you want to remove the update its a few things that needs to be done to downgrade. So would you want to downgrade.

3. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

Well I was only going to revert back to the previous OS installed before the kitkat update (Jelly bean?) IF i could do it without rooting which i have a feeling I cannot and because I believe that it is part of the problem (the update). I tried contacting Samsung and I'v already done all the things they want like clearing system cache, factory reset ect. Then something messed up and they couldn't receive my emails and I haven't tried to contact them again.

I'v been out of the whole rooting and Android game for a while as I focused toward automotive tech. Previously had an HTC Thunderbolt from launchdate and that thing was something else lol still use it everyday too but it likes to bulge batterys. Currently I have a slidy dumb phone through boost and contemplating buying an S3 through straight talk.

4. BRAINZ2013

Yes root with drivers and Odin and the stock rom . But this would be easier than rooting the thunderbolt. Times have changed . What is the model region and version os of the tablet.

5. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

SM-T310
    And 4.4.2

I vaguely remember when i did my thunderbolt it was plug it run a program then you had to through a bunch of screens. It was simple in my eyes but time consuming.

I'd like to avoid rooting, if possible but what do you think? Sound like a software issue?

6. BRAINZ2013

I need the firmware should have letters and numbers and end with something like mf1

7. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

Oh my bad, I think this is it. Its under build number. Also i just noticed the device had a small 34mb system update and just finished installing. Maybe this will fix something.

KOT49H.T310UEUCNK1

8. BRAINZ2013

Where are you located just country not the ADDRESS
    It has kitkat on both . But if u know the stock would help

9. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

USA
    Stock like new from factory firmware?

10. BRAINZ2013

11. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

Thank you I'll give that a try. This weekend

12. pinheadplanet

pinheadplanet Lurker

Hi
    Did you resolve your issue? I'm having charging issues and my Tab has rooted itself!

13. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

I never was able too, my internet has been having issues for a while now.

I've noticed the charge rate seems to want to drop off when the device drops below 25% but it seems totally random. I'm suspecting the charge cable or wall adapter possibility being faulty.

14. pinheadplanet

pinheadplanet Lurker

If you wouldn't mind, just for the sake of it go to : Settings>About Device>Status and then see what the Device Status is at the bottom of the list - Official or Custom?

15. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

It says Official

16. pinheadplanet

pinheadplanet Lurker

OK Thanks for that. I was wondering if yours had managed to Root itself, as mine has. OK I have no answers for you I'm afraid. I have 2 official chargers and I'm going to separate them to see if one in particular is causing my battery charging issues the same as you're having.

17. RussDinoGuy

RussDinoGuy Lurker

Report back if you figure something out!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews