1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Battery charging observation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stingrayracing, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Stingrayracing

None

Nov 16, 2011
    I, like most everyone else, charge my phone over night. While I previously had a different smart phone I read that people think that if you leave your phone on a charger it will stay topped up. Not so. Once the phone is fully charged the charger stops charging the battery. If the phone is on while charging, when the battery reaches full charge the charging stops and the phone starts to discharge slowly. Of course, if the phone is off it should not discharge the battery. I have noticed this on my Bionic which I leave on 24/7. In the morning when I take it off charge it will drop in power rather quickly initially. I then put it back on charge and remove it as soon as it reaches 100%. The charge then does not drop as quickly. Try it and see if you notice this too.

Advertisement

johnlgalt likes this.
  2. bulla16

bulla16 Member
    None

Feb 17, 2010
    Male
    Automotive research
    Nashvegas, TN
    That's a negative Ghostrider, my battery stays full. :)

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
  4. Stingrayracing

None

Nov 16, 2011
    Thanks UncleMike, I think that is the article I read a while back. I guess the bottom line is not to get hung up on numbers.

johnlgalt likes this.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    ^^^ This. Exactly.

Another thing when performing tests is to realize that battery life, along with just about every other aspect of your phone, with the exception of physical dimensions and factory defaults, is very subjective.

As one person reporting in my thread regarding connection drops, his connection was either 3G or 4G depending upon where, on a 4 foot wide desk, he placed his phone. If someone didn't notice that phenomenon, then he would not realize it if performing multiple tests, and could erroneously think that something was wrong with the phone.