1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support battery charging question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iBleedBlackNgold, Oct 13, 2010.

1. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Android Enthusiast

May 21, 2010
    generally if I'm near my phone while charging & see the light is blue I unplug the charger and then re insert it ... just to hopefully ensure I "top it off" .. well out of curiousity I check actual level 2day can't get past 97% and tried that method 5 times. the meter up top is full, the blue light is on but per *#info*1111# I'm at 97% .. first 2 times it would shut off charging at 96%, next 3 got it 1% higher. while 3% won't kill me I'd sure like it. any thoughts ? I'm finally experiencing slight issues with battery life which is why I checked in first place. if it is maybe a battery issue its no thing as sprint gave me 2 free extras but im going to check them. any 1 else having issues getting to 100 ? I also can't believe how seriously inaccurate the battery meter in the notification bar is.

Advertisement

2. jerbeck24

jerbeck24 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Michigan
    I actually have this same problem. I get anywhere between 96-98% when the blue notification comes on. Sometimes, I get it up to 100%, but as soon as I unplug it, it drops immediately to the 96-98%. I have tried many times to plug it in again to try to get it to the 100% mark, but fail miserably. Is this a problem for all Epics? I was going to post something about this, but I complain about way too much about little stuff and I do love my phone (I promise). Just curious about all these little issues that I notice once in a while...

3. Android XTC

Aug 26, 2010
    Feature Motion Picture Production
    Downers Grove, IL.
    Yea me too same issue all 6 phones that I have had.

4. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2010
    Female
    Tampa, FL
    I've just noticed this problem. It beeped saying I'm fully charged, but my widget is at 97% when I unplug it. and it seems to be rapidly dropping all of a sudden. I usually charge before going to bed, and by morning I may be at 90~95%. This morning I was at 70%, and that's from the phone just sitting there.

i'm suddenly not in love with the phone anymore, and will be making my first trip to best buy and/or sprint.

it's down to 90% and I unplugged it about 15 minutes ago......

5. Inspekt

Inspekt Newbie

Sep 13, 2010
    I was just going to post a new thread about this and saw it here. Yes I have the same problem the full charge indicator goes off, but I'm always capped at 94-96%. Even if I unplug and replug, it never seems to go over 96%.

I have seen the indicator at MAX, but after a few minutes it drops to 96%.

My battery life is pretty good, I can at least get 24 hours and still have ~20-25% remaining. I've gotten up to 50 hours with minimal usage, few texts, email, always wifi on, and short phone calls before. Pretty good IMO.

6. duratime

duratime Android Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2010
    Cali
    I've enjoyed my phone much more since I removed all the things that would tell me actual %. I was getting kind of OCD on checking and probably using more battery checking the battery % than actually using the phone. I just use the stock battery bar which will stay at full blue from about 6:00am to 3:00pm on an average day. I'm happy with that. Might want to give it a try.