• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery charging question...

flyfish1

Feb 20, 2011
I've been shutting my phone off at night and I noticed last night when I shut it off it was at 50%. When I started charging my Evo it only took about 45 minutes to fully charge. When my wife charges her Evo Shift with about 50% remaining it takes 3 hours.

For mine to fully charge in 45 minutes is this uncommon?

In a perfect world, a 1500mah battery would take 90 mins to charge at 1000mah, right? I've always found that my original battery charged in about 75-80mins when off and 90-100mins when on and charging from the 10% range.

I wish the Evo power management code would simply detect when the battery significantly reduces or stops taking charge only and could capture when any battery was at the 10% level, but that'll probably never happen. That's why I just use an extended battery and charge overnight without ever worrying about charge time or anything any more. I get 2 days on a charge so charging's not my worry any more.

Reactions: flyfish1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones