• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery charging while using the phone

I have just read that I should not use my Mi Note 7 phone while charging it as it can damage the battery. Is this correct? There are quite a lot of 'myths' around battery charging and use, is this another?
well just keep in mind that the longer it charges and the more time you charge the battery the less of a life span the battery will have. it might not damage it now, but it will wear it out faster. now we are talking about a tiny amount each time. it is truly a small amount, but it can add up.....so keep that in mind.

if you want to learn more about batteries that is in your phone head on over to battery university. it has a wealth of info, if you are interested.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
how easy is it to replace the battery in a Mi Note 7 and other smartphones
My observations are that if you can see a cover which can be removed easily (e.g. Samsung S4) there will be an easily replaced battery.
Most newer "smart phones" have builtin non-replaceable batteries and this Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 I own falls into that category.
In fact there is NO reference to removing the battery in the User Guide which comprises 53 pages of info.
The Xiaomi has a bevelled edge glass which neatly fits to the body and has no access points so I would not attempt to prise or lever this apart.
The battery is 4000 mAh battery which has extremely good ratings for Standby time. Mine will last 2 full days under normal useage before needing to topup the charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones