• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Battery] Complaints and Problems

I don't understand for the life of me while people feel they have to stay connected 24/7! I mean fine push email all the time OK cool.....keep 3G on and auto sync....but BT, GPS, twitter and FB, and social sites on all the time! It's a phone for pete sake...wth has tech done to some of us go get out and go hiking get some exercise go have fun with your family or your better half. What did everyone do 10 years ago? things still worked out...Then again I'm an old fart so what do I know :p.....seriously!

Upvote 0
I have to say that my BlackBerry Tour battery far outlasted the battery life that I'm getting with my Incredible. I think most of us expected the battery to be as good as the device we were coming from.

That said, I have ordered the Seidio 1750mah to hopefully rectify the issue.

1. I also came from a Tour and with OS 4.7 the battery life was way, way worse than the Incredible. I was barely getting 4 hours out of a charge if I used the BB at all and I had the screen dimmed down to 10/100.

2. Seidio batteries are unlikely to extend battery life. Read up on this first. Milliamps aren't the whole story and some manufacturers lie about the # of milliamps.

Upvote 0
48% Phone idle...so you've used the phone for roughly 5 hours of that uptime and you still have that much battery left? That is pretty damn good for any smartphone.

YEP Thats why Im saying I think maybe some people just have bad batteries or they just don't know the proper way to charge a Li Ion battery. I doubt its the handsets themselves. You have to charge this type of battery at least 1 hour past the green light coming on. There is an over heating safety issue with Li Ion batteries thats why the fast charge cuts off early.

Upvote 0
YEP Thats why Im saying I think maybe some people just have bad batteries or they just don't know the proper way to charge a Li Ion battery. I doubt its the handsets themselves.

I wonder if the type of charger makes a diffrence?

I charge this phone the exact same way i have charged my other 4 smart phones. Using the exact same cables.

I do use 4 diffrent chargers though. At work i use USB at home i use USB and the HTC one and at my GF's i use a charger that came with the droid.

However when I disconect from any of them it still drops from 100% to 90% within 10 minutes with no use.

Upvote 0
From day one I have been doing this and have had zero battery issues. Every night around 10:00pm (give or take) I turn my device OFF, then charge my phone until I wake up around 7:30am (give or take) Get up, turn the phone on to a 100% charge and it lasts all day until I charge it again that night. I'm not constantly on the phone using it but I don't just stare at it all day either. I don't shy away from browsing the web, surfing through marketplace, listening to my city's local police scanner (cool app btw) texting, etc. I firmly believe that charging it while it is off is the key here. In addition I have done the obvious, reduce backlighting, turn off wifi,gps,haptic-feedback etc UNLESS needed. Try it out.. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Is your TP2 battery LiPoly or LION? LiPoly has a much higher charge time for the last 10% of capacity.

Both are LiPo, Both are Lithium Ion based....

LiPo vs traditional is purely a construction issue. You cannot make batteries this thin using traditional methods. So both are Lipo's...

The only other thin LION design is Prizm construction, but I think it has been abandoned for cost concerns.

You can apply LION to all lithium based batteries.

Upvote 0
Could we possibly try and keep all the battery related posts to 1 or 2, maybe 3 threads? I think one for positive, one for negative, and one for tips would suffice. I have no problem merging everything together this way but I want to hear from everyone in the forum before I do it. If you like this idea maybe hit the thanks button or reply, if you hate it then just reply.

i'm not against it, though could a fourth one stay separate, the one called "battery life test/stats"? the others could stay largely opinionated while that one has more data/stats. thanks.

Upvote 0
It's funny that so many people are saying that the battery life is fine. If I don't charge mine while I'm at work, it generally would be completely dead within an hour or so after I leave work, putting the life at about 11 to 12 hours for me. That's with relatively minimal use. Maybe a couple of 5 minute calls, and a few email checks, and perhaps 15 minutes of web browsing. To me, that's a VERY weak battery life! The signal in my office is pretty weak, so perhaps that's a major factor, but I sit next to a guy that has a Nexus One and he can go two to three DAYS on one charge!

Digi, you really getting that poor a battery life?
I know the reviews are mixed, but I installed my 1750 battery that I had in my Eris and my usage is about the same as yours if not a little bit more and I am at about 40% when I plug back in around 10pm.

May be worth looking into the extended battery.

Upvote 0
So check this. I take my phone off of the charger at 8am and my phone is at 2 bars by noon. My battery is screwed. Anyways none of the local verizon stores have any batteries nor are there any in the warehouses. They tell me to call HTC and they will replace my battery. I call HTC and they transfer me to TCB(sp?) (their warranty and repair) company. They actually have the nerve to tell me to send them my battery first and go without my phone until they receive my battery and they can send me a new one. I am astonished at their customer service and extremely disappointed. I am furious to say the least.

Upvote 0
So check this. I take my phone off of the charger at 8am and my phone is at 2 bars by noon. My battery is screwed. Anyways none of the local verizon stores have any batteries nor are there any in the warehouses. They tell me to call HTC and they will replace my battery. I call HTC and they transfer me to TCB(sp?) (their warranty and repair) company. They actually have the nerve to tell me to send them my battery first and go without my phone until they receive my battery and they can send me a new one. I am astonished at their customer service and extremely disappointed. I am furious to say the least.

go to settings>about phone>battery usage and see whats killing your battery. this morning after 2 hours unplugged i found out that facebook had killed 30% of my full charge already. so i killed facebook and its back to normal. something is not right.

Upvote 0
I agree with Crimton, but this was brought up one of the other 10,000 battery threads this morning.

sad thing is that a lot of ppl do not read them carefully and complain about the battery life....lol when most of the time the only issue is one of the apps runs in the background/or doesn't let the phone sleep...simple as that IMO
besides a lot of the threads just compare battery life and do not give a solution or explanation....sad but true:eek:
thanks Crimton....short and simple:D turn stuff off when not in use and check whats running in the background from time to time and you should have great battery time!!!

Upvote 0
Android System 27%
Cell Standby 21%
Phone Idle 16%
Voice Calls 15%
Display 8%
Bluetooth 7%
Wifi 3%
Dialer 3%

7h41m since unplugged. My phone is in the red and have 2 bars left. It is telling me to connect to the charger.

If you heavily modify/disable features you can squeeze a couple more hours in there. The phone requires work, err, to work. If you are looking for a phone that lasts all day without thinking about it... you will need a different battery.

Upvote 0
Android System 27%
Cell Standby 21%
Phone Idle 16%
Voice Calls 15%
Display 8%
Bluetooth 7%
Wifi 3%
Dialer 3%

7h41m since unplugged. My phone is in the red and have 2 bars left. It is telling me to connect to the charger.

Is your phone UP and AWAKE time exactly the same? If it is, then it's never going to sleep.

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is, how can standby use so much battery? I think thats a major factor. If the standby didn't use so much juice, the battery would last much longer.

Shouldn't standby use the least amount of battery?
Why is it using the most?:mad:

It may use the most battery since the phone is in standby, but you get a lot more battery life per hour of standby than other functions. If I use the phone heavily for an hour, I may lose 7-10% battery. If I have it in standby for an hour, the battery meter doesn't even budge. It's just that the phone is in standby for 80% of the time it's off the charger, so it uses more battery overall, just far less per hour.

Upvote 0
I charged my phone all night, light was green when i woke up, and then i turned it off before unplugging it, the charge light turned orange again and it sat there and charged for another half hour before turning green.

I usualy would notice a very fast drop from 100% to 90%. but turning the phone off and letting it charged seemed to help this morning. We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

havnt done much with the phone, its been unplugged for 4 hours and only lost 10% now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones