1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery cover not flush

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vegaspilot, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Vegaspilot

Vegaspilot Newbie

Hi all, just picked up an S3 to try out and noticed that the lower edge of the battery cover is not flush with the body of the phone. If you run your finger across it, there is a noticable lip/ledge. Anyone else have or notice this? Not a real big deal, just curious. Along with the rattling volume button, I'm not completely impressed by the build quality so far.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Swap it out now while you can. You shouldn't have these issues on a brand new device.

3. zemerick

zemerick Android Enthusiast

Try removing and replacing the battery cover first: The bottom goes on first, so it should actually be the most secure. If there's nothing wrong with it, it will indeed flush. The bottom sort of slides on, instead of snapping like all of the others, so I'm guessing this is where the problem lies. Either it isn't fully on now, or someone did it wrong before and has damaged it in the process. If it doesn't go on cleanly, take it back.

The Volume button is built with a bit of tolerance in it, likely on purpose to prevent it jamming. If you try and push/pull it around much, you should notice it is actually quite stiffly in there...it can just move around a little bit. It shouldn't really rattle though.

4. Vegaspilot

Vegaspilot Newbie

Thanks for the replies. The cover isnt flush no matter how I reinstall it. And the volume button clicks ok, but just using the phone cause you to hear it rattle. Rather annoying. Guess a swap/return are in order.

treb1797 likes this.
  5. andy-roid

andy-roid Android Enthusiast

My toilet flushes better then my phone back but I can live with it

6. zemerick

zemerick Android Enthusiast

Indeed. I have to shake mine pretty violently to actually hear the volume button and I have really good hearing.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews