1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery cover stains

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrew, May 20, 2011.

1. jrew

jrew Lurker

I just got a new thunderbolt and I ordered a full body phantom skinz for it. After playing around with the phone I've decided I really like the texture of the soft touch casing.however, I'm really anal about keeping my devices new, and I know my dad's og droid had stains from his fingers.has anyone had this problem with the thunderbolt?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

He needs to wash his hands after eating cheeto's

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

If you're anal you will notice finger prints all over the back. I clean my phone like 3-4 times a day and at times it still gets pretty bad

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

And you will absolutely love it when the top layer of your kick stand starts to peel off. I've babied my thunderbolt for the month I've had it and not really used the kick stand bit low and behold it is peeling

TstatTrainer likes this.
  5. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

+1

Mines starting to peel too. Probably doesn't help that my Seidio active x makes it a little tougher to open the kickstand.

I'm almost thinking of trying some nail polish remover and a qtip to see if I can get all the covering off the kickstand so at least it looks even.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Probably have better luck with paint thinner

7. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Paint thinner or lacquer thinner is pretty harsh on aluminum.

Acetone, or the main stripping agent in nail polish remover is much safer for aluminum.

8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I'm not gonna lie, I smirked a little....

EgoDogg likes this.
  9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Let me know how that works out, if it does well I'll follow in your footsteps. I've read where other people just ripped it off but I imagine that would provide an ununiform scaly look to.the kickstand

10. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member

Best bet is to combat the anal thing rather than working on the TBolt. When your buddy at Starbuck's asks you to hold your TBolt next to his iPhone... just say NO. :D

-Frank

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews