1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Battery cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by playzwithfire, Feb 23, 2011.

1. playzwithfire

playzwithfire Newbie

Ugh phone is acting wonky and I want to try a soft reset but can't get the back off. So afraid of snapping it. Anyone have any tips?

Advertisement

2. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

When I got my phone, the dude at the store just used a small flat head screwdriver and just got it in there enough to pop it off. It was really small, like the kind you use on eyeglasses. It didn't scratch antying at all. Either that or you could try the edge of a credit card.

3. playzwithfire

playzwithfire Newbie

No luck getting as far as the smaller side and its not releasing. Making me nuts. Could they have made it any harder to get off? Gonna try the eyeglasse screw driver when I go home.

4. Fyrefly

Fyrefly Newbie

Instead of trying to open at the tab on the battery door, I've found it much easier to open by gently prying on the seam between the tab and the volume rocker.

jonebusa likes this.
  5. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member

I've done the thumbnail between the door and the volume rocker, and I can get the door off with the exception that the end by the top of the phone hangs and won't come off. I've tried pulling it toward the bottom of the phone, trying to pry the part at the top off by itself after the rest has come off, pulling up and pulling down.

I feel like I am running the risk of snapping the thing in half or breaking one of the small pieces that holds it in place.

Up until now, the only time that the battery door has come off was when I bought the phone but I was wanting to do a battery pull for another matter, and this is preventing that from happening.

Any other suggestions?

6. jonebusa

jonebusa Lurker

Coodos to you!
    I never felt comfortable with using a thin screwdriver (it works mind you) but, tried it twice and left marks.
    Your way works but without tools like it should be:p
    Thanks for the tip!