• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery dead already

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi guys

I obviously know about the battery issues with the desire and I am used to charging everyday. However, my battery is starting to die twice as quick and with less use. It is only 1.20pm and my phone is down to 15% I have started using extra widgets lately such as the beautiful widgets , colour notes, folder organizer, xbox avatars. etc etc.

Always had quite a few widgets running but never had it running out of juice so early. Hardly used it today either. I usually use gps, games maps etc.

Anyone?

Cheers

Hi guys
I obviously know about the battery issues with the desire and I am used to charging everyday. However, my battery is starting to die twice as quick and with less use. It is only 1.20pm and my phone is down to 15% I have started using extra widgets lately such as the beautiful widgets , colour notes, folder organizer, xbox avatars. etc etc.
Sounds like a rogue app that is using the battery a lot more than it should, possibly due to poor programming. I suggest removing those apps or widgets you recently installed and see if battery life returns to normal. If so, you then need to add them back one at a time until you find which one eats up the battery.

Upvote 0
The screen is by far the biggest power drain.
Poor/no signal is really bad too.

Things to consider:

- Do you need Facebook/Twitter/etc to auto-update?
- Do you have your screen brightness up high? If so, and you work/spend a lot of time indoors, try setting it to the lowest brightness possible.
- Can you disable 3G and only enable it as and when you need it? This has two benefits; 1) maintaining a 2G connection uses less power than maintaining a 3G connection and 2) 99% of the time you will have a stronger 2G signal than 3G, which means less time is spent searching for a signal which in turn uses less power.

Not ruling out a rogue app, just suggesting some things which have doubled my battery life :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones