1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery died while charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yeahha, May 15, 2011.

1. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

So last night I was streaming video with my phone plugged in and the battery died after about 70 minutes. The battery wasn't fully charged when I started but I didn't think the phone could possibly drain the battery when charging. Has anyone else had this happen or know how to app it from happening?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast

How was it being charged? If you were using a usb port, a car charger or lower quality wall charger I can see how that can happen. Its possible with the stock wall charger but it is a lot less likely.

3. what's even worse is when you try to navigate with a low battery and the phone dies, while charging!!! It's occurred several times to me. I hate when that happens.:mad:

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I only use the stock wall charger. I just don't understand why HTC would make a product that can drain the battery than the charger can handle

5. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

In some cases even plugged in you can kill the battery. The phone can use more power than the charger can give it.

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

my droid 1 if you played videos it would drain the batter when charging.

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Also depends if you're using cheap USB cables. I bought a Sprint Mifi card and it came with a big fat cable that had no problems charging, and seemed to charge faster than my regular USB cable. Are you using your stock cable?

8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah stock charger

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews