1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Battery dies way too quickly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amyduke86, Dec 27, 2012.

1. amyduke86

amyduke86 New Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I have had my Motorola Droid X2 for a little more than a year now and have had pretty average battery life. About a month ago, my phone started dying within 20 minutes of use. At first it would go down to 15% within about 20 minutes then I would get the 5% warning within a minute or 2 after that. Now the phone will just shut off on it's own with no warning. When I plug the phone in, it usually says that it's at 80-100% battery life. I've ordered a new battery hoping that is the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I took it to Verizon and they told me it's because I have apps running in the background. If it was purely the apps running in the background, wouldn't I have had this issue the entire life of the phone? It only started a month ago.

Any help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Sounds like the battery to me as well. Apps wouldn't kill a fully charged X2 in 20 minutes.

3. rrokit

rrokit New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    I've had an X2 for almost 2 years now. After working very well for the first few months I suddenly (like in within 1 day) started experiencing unable to hold charge, dying battery, hot to the touch, etc. A new battery didn't help. Only after VZ replaced the phone with a refurbished one did the trouble stop. It was very definitely a bad phone in my experience. My replacement is over a year and a half old now and no troubles at all.