1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery discharge and recharge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sensible7693, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Sensible7693

Sensible7693 Lurker

I bought a new Samsung A 40 a few daty ago and find that it discharges quite quickly and doesn't last a full day.

I have also found that despite it having a 'fast charger' and is switched on to fast charging it takes at leat three hours to fully charge it. Is this normal?

Dannydet likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

depends on how low the battery is. if the charge is at 10% or less, then yeah i can see 3 hours for full charge.....no more then that though.

and i would give the new phone at least a week or two before you finalize your opinion on battery life. battery life is never consistent and will tend to vary from day to day. after a few weeks you should have a better idea on how the battery is. it will also depend on where you are at, what you do on the phone, how good the cell signal strength is, are you using wifi a lot or not.

.......so there are a ton pf variables. give it a few weeks and let us know.

edit: i forgot to mention that with new phones people tend to use it more then normal.....playing with the settings, downloading launchers, apps, games....plus it is that shiny new object, so of course you are gonna use it more at the beginning.

svim and puppykickr like this.

Samsung Galaxy A40 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A40 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.9" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews