1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Discharge Solved

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghamden, May 21, 2011.

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member

Battery Discharge Solved

I Installed juice defender plus i now get about 15 hours before charging .99 well spent

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. elements

elements Member

I have the free juice defender. It does not seem to do much. What is the plus version doing that gives you that kind of battery life?

3. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member

i am not sure which program was running causing my problem but i have been using jucie defender for 2 day now works great

4. tcxripstah

tcxripstah Member

all i know is that once maps updated to its latest version the network location is always freekin on and before i use to go into " running services " and turn it off and it would stay off , now i do the same but it just restarts right after i turned it off ... im going to try to uninstall updates to the maps and see if that would help .. the free version of this app does not let you control the network setting , if you would please check your setting in your paid version and see if the network location is turned off ?

thanks

5. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Try green power, the free version is fine, before u purchase Juice Defender Plus. I have JDP and while it does increase battery life, I found it was way too aggressive in shutting down the data. I liked that u could allow certain apps to connect with the screen off and/or override JDP, however it was hit or miss whether it worked or not.

For instance having music or the radio playing with the screen off would start a cycle of allowing it to play, and then shutting it off, realizing it should allow it and starting again. Very annoying.. it also would turn data off while the screen was on and it made using apps that use data difficult to start.

Green power is much more simple and works much better IMO. Set the data traffic threshold and it will not turn off data unless it falls below, leaving the app running that I intended.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews