1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Displaying incorrect percentage??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LIGHTSP33D, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LIGHTSP33D

LIGHTSP33D Lurker

I got a galaxy nexus back on launch day. I noticed that I can be on critically low battery, charge it for about 5 mins or so and then it will display around 50-60% battery. Now i know that its not possible for the battery to charge up that fast. So i know it must be displaying the true percentage incorrectly. I'm using an OEM extended battery right now, but i did notice the same problem on the original battery as well.

I took the original nexus back and exchanged it because of a screen issue, but the new one i got last week is doing the same thing with the original battery and the extended one. So, i'm almost 100% sure there isn't something wrong with the device.. or at least i hope. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced rapid fluctuations of battery percentage displayed on the phone after charging it for a brief period of time.

I'm hoping it is just a bug that needs to be worked out, or maybe theres an app not thats quite "ice cream sandwich" friendly yet thats causing a glitch.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.. Thanks

Keith

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. babyhuyx

babyhuyx Newbie

have you ever done a full charge like overnight on it before?

3. LIGHTSP33D

LIGHTSP33D Lurker

Yea, I have. I noticed that it happens more frequently when im using an aftermarket charger verses the samsung oem one that came with it.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews