1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

battery door around camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zim2704, Dec 29, 2011.

1. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

it seems that the battery cover is "bulging" up around the bottom of the camera opening, you can press it down a significant amount and then it just comes back up. just curious if this is the way the back sets or if i need to see about getting a different cover.

2. jdavis37

jdavis37 Newbie

Sounds like the tabs at bottom of case did not properly go into their slots. Once they are positioned properly, the rest of the back will snap in. If this is not what's going on, I'd visit a Verizon store to see about a new back. Good luck!

3. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, ive removed and reset the cover multiple times and still having the same issue so it sounds like an issue with mine.

4. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

Mine bulges out towards the bottom of the camera. Thought it was normal...

5. CAMAN

CAMAN Member

They all do it. As long as the cover is flush or maybe just slightly proud of the camera face it is normal.

6. litrekid

litrekid Member

Mine does as well. My first phone did not do this. The one I exchanged for bulges like you said and makes a creeking sound. Very annoying. I did see replacement covers for sale on the verizon site.

7. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I got my first GN day one and it had the same problem. Went back to the store and CSR said they are all like that and to buy a case like everyone else was doing. Called VZW had them note it in my account that I wanted a new phone. Went to the store and got one, no creaking any longer.

The first time I went to the store we swapped backs and changed batteries. It still had the same issue. My back and battery did not creak with the store phone. Don't buy it, get another phone period.

8. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

There is a small protrusion inside the cover that is meant to slide into the gap between the SIM card and the battery. If the card isn't perfectly square in its slot the protrusion hangs up. I just cut it off so I could forget about it.

That should help.

Beyond that, I also bent the cover to help keep it down. Trial and error.

swm and jaydotelloh like this.
  9. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Android Enthusiast

AHHH... Worked like a charm! This has been the only thing annoying me about the build on this phone and it is now no longer a problem! :D

10. KrazyKarl

KrazyKarl Newbie

Mine's never had any bulge there, but when I read cggorman's post, I tried to see how much play the SIM card had in it. when I pushed on it a bit with my nail, it popped out until it had pushed up against the battery (apparently, its spring loaded, so you can push it to get it out). The SIM was still connected enough for the phone to work, though.

When it was like that, putting the back cover on again caused a bit of a bulge and a flimsy feel in the area below the camera.

Popped the battery out, reseated the SIM, and all's well again.

Maybe the issue some folks are having is just that the SIM card has popped out a bit and they need to reseat it?

11. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I tried all that but it didn't work for me. Maybe I didn't pursue it enough, however. Glad you all got it working ok.

12. reimerj

reimerj Newbie

My stock cover and my extended cover both fit flush with the bottom of the camera and do not flex or creak when I push on the cover.

reimerj

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews