• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery drain 90% in a minute?? wtf

This is the second time something like this has happened. Ive had the phone a month.

The first time it happened i loaded a graphic intense game.. it froze for about a minute, ibpopped the battery out and rebooted. Noticed battery dropped from 98% to 35%.

Ok so just now i tried to load a large movie im still downloading. The movie is about 3 gigs. the movie wouldnt load after a minute, so i returned to homescreen. Everything running slow. Tried to shut phone off, not working. Popped battety out. Reboot. Battery now says 8% when before i loaded the movie it was 100% and still plugged in charging.

How in the world can the battery drain so fast? The phone has frozen plenty of times before but so much power didnt magically disappear. Wtf

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones