1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Battery Drain Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jabbawest, Apr 20, 2011.

1. jabbawest

jabbawest Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Level III Support Dallas County
    Fountain of Lamneth
    Since I rooted my phone and removed all the bloat, I have a battery drain mystery.
    I initially thought it was due to SetCPU because it didn't seem to be using the conserve battery life profile I set when the screen is off.
    The screen shot will show that my phone has been on for about 12 hours and I have 54% left.
    WiFi and bluetooth were off during those 12 hours except for a few minutes, the phone was in standby and the screen was dark for over 11 of the 12 hours.

Immediately after rooting I began to notice this trend.
    My wife would come home with her unrooted phone after work with about 70% of her battery left and mine would be down around 35%.

I have two new batteries but I'd like to get some opinions on this before I make the switch.

1. Is there a battery use analyzer or process explorer app on the market that might give me a detailed log of my usage?
    2. Is there any possibility that a rogue or hidden process could be causing this?

Thank you,
    Stephen

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Another planet Far Away
    i turned off the syncs in accounts and sync and blue tooth drains battery lowered screen brightness and use cpu tuner on powersave profile and governor on save battery over night only dropped from 100 percent to 93 percent in 9hours only 7 percent so i guess thats pretty good.

[​IMG]

Tags: