• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BATTERY DRAIN HELPPPPPPP

mkatech

Lurker
Aug 11, 2016
Ok so i have an lg volt with textnow wireless and have had extremely bad drain issues i turned off auto sync and everything non essential and my battery is draining extremely fast like in the current screenshot im sending you can clearly see the battery current charge is 43% and the last 3 hours used is 26% but 43 +26 is 69% does that mean in reality my phone is supposed to be at 69%

ITS DRAINING WAY TO FAST FOR A PHONE WITH 3000MAH HELPPPPPP

Attachments

• 2016-08-11-18-06-27.png
    2016-08-11-18-06-27.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 155
All that is saying is that it used 26% of the battery in the past 3 hours. It also says it's been on battery for 8h 13m. It's safe to assume that the 'missing' 31% was used during the previous 5h 13m.

As for whether or not this is normal battery consumption, we need to know what you do with your phone. If it's using the battery that fast just sitting idle, then yes, that's not normal and you probably need a new battery. However, if you're using the phone, then this could be completely normal. There are several periods of rapid drain, and periods of very little consumption.

Two things you can do:
Calibrate the battery. Run it completely dead, charge it off, then drain it dead again.

Install BatteryGuru.
http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6918473
Use the one attached to the post, not the one from the link, and don't let it manage your Wi-Fi. It will freeze up the Wi-Fi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones