1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Drain Like Crazy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FlyBoy21, May 22, 2011.

1. FlyBoy21

FlyBoy21 Lurker

I recently received a Droid 2 Global from Verizon after my original Droid (Refurbished from insurance claim) had touch screen issues. I have had this phone for about 5 days now and the battery is draining like CRAZY. I have the extended battery which is about 2 months old and it lasts half a day with very little use mostly text messaging no videos, music etc.

I tried using the normal battery that was provided and within ten minutes of being off the charger the battery is already at 80% on standby... Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion is this normal for the D2 Global or should I take my phone back to get it looked at or what are some steps I should take to maybe fix this problem.

More info:

Task killer installed.
    Not rooted.
    All network settings for CDMA inside United States.
    Wi-Fi off.
    Battery Setting: best power saving mode.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RedneckDroid

RedneckDroid Newbie

Pull up the power widget and lower the screen brightness.
    Remove the Task Killer, the phone does a good job at removing the apps as needed.
    Also, try to turn of cell coverage if the area is not fit for it because it kills at the same speed as the display believe it or not.

I also heard a trick a long time ago, take your battery out and try to spin it, if it spins freely then take it back to Verizon. Goodluck man.

3. drunkitty

drunkitty Lurker

I found that the task killer apps did more harm than good on my Droid 2, as far as battery goes.

4. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

There's also an automatic setting on the power control widget, that adjusts the screen brightness to the condition. I agree the task killer is bad and could be making things worse as programs are shut down and then reloaded. One thing not mentioned is turning off the GPS. That's a huge power suck. Once you've done those things, use the phone for about a half a day and then use the battery monitor to see what might still be consuming a lot of power.

5. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

The auto brightness can only do you so much justice. Its best to set it at 10%. You will get used to it and unless you're outside, I don't see the need for it to be brighter.

6. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

Clearly auto isn't going to give you the best battery life, but I find it's very convenient for when you do change room conditions. I don't have any major battery life issues, so the convenience is well worth it.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews